CRR (S/M): 7092309: G1: introduce old region set

Tony Printezis tony.printezis at oracle.com
Tue Oct 4 19:54:28 UTC 2011

Hi all,

This change adds to G1 the facility to keep track of the allocated old
regions with the HeapRegionSet abstraction and moves us one step closer
to having all regions being tracked by the same abstraction (after this,
only the survivor / eden regions remain). I decided to work on the old
region set now as it was a relatively easy change to implement and will
make some follow-on CRs easier to implement. The webrev is here:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~tonyp/7092309/webrev.0/

Most of the changes were straightforward (I largely followed how we
maintain the humongous region set). The only part which I had to
slightly revamp was the code that tears down / rebuilds the region sets.
This small refactoring, though, was worthwhile as it makes that code
easier to extend in the future (when we introduce the eden / survivor
lists).

Tony