CRR (Small-ish): 7088680: G1: Cleanup in the G1CollectorPolicy class

Tony Printezis tony.printezis at oracle.com
Tue Oct 4 22:24:38 UTC 2011

I also meant to add to the CRR text: While reviewing this change please
consider the following. Before a Full GC we tear down most region lists
/ sets, but leave the humongous set as is (as we currently don't move
humongous regions during the Full GC). During the Full GC, any humongous
regions we find empty we have to remove from the humongous set. After
the Full GC, while we recreate the other region lists / sets, we don't
have to recreate the humongous set, as it's already correctly formed. I
think the code might be a bit more straightforward if we also tear-down
/ recreate the humongous region set along with the rest, especially
given that we might want to move some humongous regions in the future
during a Full GC. Let me know if you think this will be a worthwhile
change (we can do this as a separate CR).