RFR(M): 7114678: G1: various small fixes, code cleanup, and refactoring

John Cuthbertson john.cuthbertson at oracle.com
Fri Jul 6 17:48:30 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

This is the first in a series of patches that were completed by Tony
just before he left Oracle. There will be a few more in the coming few
weeks.

This first patch is a pre-cursor to another patch that introduces
iterators for heap regions, and is exactly what it says in the synopsis
(and description in the bug database). Tony sent a version of this patch
earlier in the year; I reviewed it and Tony incorporated the feedback
into this version. So I'm looking for a couple of volunteers to also
review these changes. The webrev can be found at:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~johnc/7114678/webrev.0/

Testing: GC Test Suite with and without some stress options, NSK tests
(regression, gc, jit, and runtime), jprt.

Thanks,

JohnC