RFR (S): 8010090 - GC ID has the wrong type

Jesper Wilhelmsson jesper.wilhelmsson at oracle.com
Thu Apr 18 07:36:51 UTC 2013

云达,

Thanks for looking at this!

Looking at the code, it is not that easy to determine the intention when it
comes to the signedness of compile id. But judging from the original variable it
should be unsigned.

The original variable in which the compile id is stored, _compile_id in the
class CompileTask, is a uint. The method compile_id() that is its getter has the
return type int (this is likely a bug).

In CompileBroker::invoke_compiler_on_method, compile_id() is called and the
result is stored in compile_id which is a uint. The variable compile_id is then
used to populate the compileID in the Compilation event which used to be INTEGER
(signed) but is about to become a UINT. Nils Eliasson from the compiler team has
approved this change.

Thanks,
/Jesper