RFR (S): 8023101 java/lang/management/MemoryMXBean/ResetPeakMemoryUsage.java fails

Mandy Chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Fri Aug 16 15:30:24 UTC 2013

There isn't a guarantee for Runtime.gc() to reclaim any space.  On the
other hand, the test relies on the knowledge of our implementation (at
least serial, parallel, concurrent collectors) does collect the large
object array that is allocated in the old gen.  With G1, the behavior is
probably different.  Perhaps another way to fix the test is to attempt
GC a few times?

Mandy