RFR (S): 8013791: G1: G1CollectorPolicy::initialize_flags() may set min_alignment > max_alignment

Bengt Rutisson bengt.rutisson at oracle.com
Thu May 2 18:16:11 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

Could I have a couple of reviews for this small patch?

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~brutisso/8013791/webrev.00/

For G1 it is important that the heap size is aligned by the region size.
The ergonomics will pick CollectorPolicy::max_alignment() for aligning
the heap, but this alignment is based on the card table rather than the
region size.

This fix makes sure that we pick the larger alignment for the
max_alignment value and it adds the same assert for the min and max
alignments that is available in GenCollectorPolicy::initialize_flags().

Thanks,
Bengt