(Preliminary) RFC 7038914: VM could throw uncaught OOME in ReferenceHandler thread

Vitaly Davidovich vitalyd at gmail.com
Fri May 3 23:42:40 UTC 2013

Personally, I think I'd exit the VM in this case.  The odds of hitting OOM
while allocating TIE and having it be just a very unfortunate transient
condition are quite low; most likely, the VM is going to have lots of
trouble elsewhere anyway.

Also, by swallowing the OOM there and continuing makes an assumption that
the lock is still in valid/working state; that may be the case today, but I
don't know if that's a safe assumption generally.

Sent from my phone