RFR(s): 8066822: Remove PSMarkSweep::set_reference_processor

Kim Barrett kim.barrett at oracle.com
Wed Dec 10 23:29:42 UTC 2014

Note: I will need a sponsor for this change.

Please review this small change to remove an unused function.  This
function has had a "delete this function" comment since the dawn of
the mercurial age.

While I was in the vicinity, I made a couple of additional code
cleanups:

* removed a couple of unnecessary
  debug_only(public:)
  debug_only(private:)
member exposure blocks that were cluttering up the code.

* Removed some unnecessary upcasts of return values to match the
return type of the function being returned from.

CR:

Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kbarrett/8066822

Testing: JPRT