RFR (backport of): 8028391 - Make the Min/MaxHeapFreeRatio flags manageable

Jesper Wilhelmsson jesper.wilhelmsson at oracle.com
Tue Feb 4 09:17:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

The patch from jdk9/hs-gc to make MinHeapFreeRatio and MaxHeapFreeRatio
manageable flags and supported in ParallelGC applied cleanly to jdk8u/hs-dev.

hsx/jdk7u60 required some manual labor to patch since the argument parsing code
had moved around, but the relevant logic was untouched so I didn't have to
change anything in the new code. For 7 I omitted some of the minor cleanups that
was done in the original patch.

Webrev for 7: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jwilhelm/8028391/webrev.7u60/
Webrev for 8: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jwilhelm/8028391/webrev.8u20/

(The 8u20 webrev is identical with the final version for 9.)

So kindly approve this change for backport to jdk8u20 and jdk7u60.

The bugs:
jdk9: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8028391
jdk8: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8033209
jdk7: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8028720