RFR: 8033426: Scale initial NewSize using NewRatio if not set on command line

Jon Masamitsu jon.masamitsu at oracle.com
Sat Feb 8 01:44:01 UTC 2014

Stefan,

1043   static void verify_scaled_initial(size_t initial_heap_size) {
1044     MarkSweepPolicy msp;
1045     msp.initialize_all();
1046
1047     size_t expected = msp.scale_by_NewRatio_aligned(initial_heap_size);
1048     assert(msp.initial_gen0_size() == expected, err_msg("%zu != %zu", msp.initial_gen0_size(), expected));
1049   }

Does the assertion work if you added a check that NewSize was set
ergonomically?

assert(!FLAG_IS_ERGO(NewSize) || ...)

Jon