FW: Hiding Class Definitions from Compacting At GC Cycle‏‏

serkan özal serkanozal86 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 1 18:42:56 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I am not sure that target of mail is this group or not but I don't know better one for asking :)
I am currently working on an OffHeap solution and I have a problem with "Compact" phase of GC.As I see at "Compact" phase, location of classes may be changed. I tried class pinning with JNI by "NewGlobalRef" method but it doesn't prevent compacting. As I understood, it only hides object from garbage collected.In brief, is there any way to prevent compacting of any specific class defition (or object) at GC cycle?Is there any bit, offset or field (such as mark_oop) in object header to prevent compacting of fully from GC for any specific object or class?
Thanks in advance.
--
Serkan ÖZAL