RFR (S): 8144663: Invalid constraints in memset_with_concurrent_readers_sparc.cpp inline assembly

Mikael Vidstedt mikael.vidstedt at oracle.com
Fri Dec 4 00:08:52 UTC 2015

Please review this change which fixes the constraints used in the inline
assembly snippets in memset_with_concurrent_readers_sparc.cpp.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mikael/webrevs/8144663/webrev.00/webrev/

The bug has more information, but in short the "+" needs to be the first
character in the constraints string, and when used the corresponding
constraint needs to be listed in the output constraints.

I also took the liberty of clarifying one of the comments a bit,
hopefully it's now ever so slightly more clear that the registers listed
in the output constraints, while indeed being outputs, are only used as
temporaries/are overwritten.

Finally, I fixed a couple of comparisons of unsigned vs signed types -
BytesPerWord is "unfortunately" signed.

Tested using the -XX:+ExecuteInternalVMTests tests.

Cheers,
Mikael