RFR (XS): 8145667: Move FromCardCache into separate files

Stefan Karlsson stefan.karlsson at oracle.com
Fri Dec 18 11:42:55 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas,

On 2015-12-18 11:49, Thomas Schatzl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    please review this change that moves the FromCardCache into separate
> files. It is pretty much a "self-sustaining" part of remembered set
> processing which I think is enough to warrant moving it into a separate
> file.
> Also it then does not stay in the way when working on remembered set code.
>
> Follow-up CRs will rename it according to naming conventions
> (->G1FromCardCache, JDK-8145671), and some clean-up to remove
> dependencies to HeapRegionRemSet (JDK-8145672).
>
> So this change is purely moving the class into separate files.
>
> CR:
> Webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~tschatzl/8145667/webrev/

Looks good, except that you are introducing a new way to end the include
guards:

#endif  /* SHARE_VM_GC_G1_G1FROMCARDCACHE_HPP */

The file you moved the code from uses:

#endif // SHARE_VM_GC_G1_HEAPREGIONREMSET_HPP

which is the format that was used when the include guards were introduced.

Thanks,
StefanK