Feedback on G1GC

kirk at kodewerk.com kirk at kodewerk.com
Sun Dec 20 18:38:07 UTC 2015

Hi Fabian,

I don’t think the experimentation with your app is over. I don’t think the differences between the two runs can easily be dismissed as the result of changing the values of a few flags. In the first relatively short run, reference processing times clearly dominated resulting in Eden being shrunk in a feeble attempt to meet the pause time goal. I don’t think that the shrinkage in reference processing time cannot be solely attributed to turning on parallel reference processing. It seems as if something else changed. At any rate, I believe you should relax the minimum Eden size from 25%. I have posted a number of charts which anyone should be able to see @ https://drive.google.com/a/jclarity.com/file/d/0B6IuyTuhCQTPUGpFcDA4bF8zbUk/view?usp=sharing <https://drive.google.com/a/jclarity.com/file/d/0B6IuyTuhCQTPUGpFcDA4bF8zbUk/view?usp=sharing>.

Regards,
Kirk