RFR (S): JDK-8141394: Remove the instrumentation added by JDK-6898948

Bengt Rutisson bengt.rutisson at oracle.com
Wed Nov 4 08:26:11 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

Could I have a couple of reviews for this small patch to remove some
debugging code?

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~brutisso/8141394/webrev.00/

To help debug floating point issues for JDK-6902692, JDK-6898948 was
used to add some instrumentation.

The instrumentation is guarded by a flag, which is false by default. So,
unless the flag is enabled the instrumentation has no effect. We don't
run with this flag in our testing and thus the instrumentation code is
not being used.

The patch to add the instrumentation is very small. I've attached the
patch to JDK-6902692 and my proposed change removes the instrumentation
from the code base. That way we have the instrumentation available if we
ever start working on JDK-6902692 but we don't have to have the
debugging code in our code base.

Thanks,
Bengt