RFR: JDK-8142475: Remove TraceParallelOldGCTasks

Bengt Rutisson bengt.rutisson at oracle.com
Wed Nov 11 12:46:53 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Could I have a couple of reviews for this change?

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~brutisso/8142475/webrev.00/

The ParallelGC has logging in debug builds (even if it is guarded by a
product flag) that logs messages for each task.

The output from this logging i pretty scrambled and hard to make sense
of. Each thread prints the task it is currently working on. There is no
correlation between threads and there is no summary to add times for
related tasks.

This type of per thread information is hard to make useful in a log
file. It would be much better to add trace events for this information.

Rather than trying to fix this logging we should remove it. If it turns
out that it is needed in the future we should add trace events to track it.

Thanks,
Bengt