RFR (S) JDK-8139922 Get rid of dead code in ConcurrentMark

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Wed Nov 18 10:31:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Tue, 2015-11-17 at 13:51 -0800, Jon Masamitsu wrote:
> Anyone think that parClear() is worth saving?  If just for
> symmetry with parMark()?

  I would prefer to remove unused code. The CMBitmap class does not feel
like being in any way reusable but a thin wrapper for use with G1
concurrent marking. This method would be simple to recreate too.

The ConcurrentMark contain way too much stuff.

> Jon
>
> On 11/17/2015 06:29 AM, Joseph Provino wrote:
>
> > Please review this small change to cleanup ConcurrentMark.
> > Code is removed from 3 files.
> >
> > CR:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8139922
> >
> > http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jprovino/8139922/webrev.00
> >
> > Passes JPRT

I think the flag G1ConcMarkForceOverflow should go away as well.

Looks good otherwise.