RFR: 8144040: UpdateRSetDeferred in G1EvacFailure will never visit survivor regions

Erik Helin erik.helin at oracle.com
Wed Nov 25 14:39:25 UTC 2015

Hi all,

this patch removes an unneeded check from UpdateRSetDeferred which is used in
the case of an evacuation failure. When we start a GC with G1, we
change the type of all survivor regions to eden (see the call to
hr->set_eden_pre_gc() in G1CollectorPolicy::finalize_young_cset_part).
Therefore, if we ever get an evac failure in a region, then that region
must be either young or old. Therefore, we don't need to check for
survivor regions in UpdateRSetDeferred.

Bug:

Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ehelin/8144040/webrev.00/