RFR (S/M): 8164936: G1 age table printout contains contents from previous GC

sangheon sangheon.kim at oracle.com
Tue Aug 30 19:00:17 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas,

On 08/30/2016 07:48 AM, Thomas Schatzl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    can I have reviews for this change that fixes the age table output
> for the g1 collector, where the data printed is always the age data for
> the previous gc?
>
> The fix is as suggested in the CR, splitting computation of the new
> tenuring threshold and printing the age table information.
>
> (The majority of the change is the new test which is very
> straightforward)
>
> CR:
> Webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~tschatzl/8164936/webrev/
> Testing:
> jprt, test case, local testing with some applications
Looks good.

I think you intended to extract 'gc counter' to focus the work as the
method named.
If it is the case, I think

src/share/vm/gc/serial/defNewGeneration.cpp.frames.html

  572   GCPolicyCounters* gc_counters = GenCollectedHeap::heap()->gen_policy()->counters();

should be called after line 573 when UsePerfData is enabled.

And the include of 'gcPolicyCounters.hpp' at ageTable.cpp and forward
declaration of 'GCPolicyCounters' at ageTable.hpp can be removed.

Thanks,
Sangheon