RFR(XL): 8167108 - SMR and JavaThread Lifecycle

Daniel D. Daugherty daniel.daugherty at oracle.com
Wed Nov 8 17:53:22 UTC 2017

Added back the other three OpenJDK aliases being used for this review...

Coleen, thanks for chiming in on this review thread. Sorry for the
delay in responding... I was on vacation...

On 10/11/17 11:32 AM, coleen.phillimore at oracle.com wrote:

> Hi,  From my initial look at this, I really like new interface for
> walking the threads list, except every instance but 2 uses of
> JavaThreadIterator has a preceding ThreadsListHandle declaration.
>
> +  ThreadsListHandle tlh;
> +  JavaThreadIterator jti(tlh.list());
>

> Could there be a wrapper that embeds the ThreadsListHandle, like:
>
> class JavaThreadsListIterator {
>     ThreadsListHandle _tlh;
> }

This issue has been addressed as part of my response to Stefan K's
code review comments. I quoted the above comment in that reply so
it should be easy to find that resolution...

Dan