RFR: 8191564: Refactor GC related servicability code into GC specific subclasses

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Thu Nov 30 12:21:25 UTC 2017

On 30/11/2017 9:30 PM, Roman Kennke wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> yes I did, but it's probably got lost somewhere, while I was bouncing
> the patch between me and Erik D. (I noticed that the msg also got lost).
> Both reinstated:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rkennke/8191564/webrev.07/

Thanks - that's much simpler to follow.

IIRC in the test I think you need "@requires vm.gc == null" to skip the
test if the framework is trying to run it with an explicit GC
configuration - else it may conflict with your hardwired GC selection.

The overall refactoring seems reasonable, but I can't really vouch for
its accuracy. I'm not clear how/if these service APIs are accesses from
the Java-level serviceability code.

David