RFR (XS) 8061467: Add UseLargePages to TestNUMAPageSize

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Mon Aug 13 08:23:47 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Mon, 2018-08-13 at 09:58 +0200, Per Liden wrote:
> Hmm, I suspect this might fail on many Linux systems, since it might
> require configuring the huge page pool with enough pages.

  from my understanding -XX:+UseLargePages will just give some warnings
 at startup if it can not allocate pages. It will not fail.

Assuming that the intent is to check whether when trying to use large
pages (and the machine is properly configured), does not in any way
make the VM crash, the warnings can be ignored.

I am not aware there is a way to run tests on machines only that have
the property "properly configured large pages" at this time.