RFR(S) : 8157728 : Covert GCTimer_test to GTest

JC Beyler jcbeyler at google.com
Tue Oct 9 20:47:03 UTC 2018

Hi Igor,

I was looking at this and it looks good to me (not a reviewer of course)
but I noticed a few nits:

-
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8157728/webrev.00/src/hotspot/share/gc/shared/gcTimer.cpp.udiff.html
   - Seems like you could remove a few more lines there because now you
have empty lines at the end of the file

-
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8157728/webrev.00/test/hotspot/gtest/gc/shared/test_gcTimer.cpp.html
   - Should the copyright year 2001 be here?

   - Indentation is a bit off:
       - GCTimerTest has 2 spaces for public and 4 for methods
       - TimePartitionPhasesIteratorTest has 1 and 2
       - Tests afterwards have 2

 - The code could be simplified if we removed the
TimePartitionPhasesIteratorTest
entirely and just put it in an anonymous namespace
      - hotspot/gtest/utilities/test_bitMap_search.cpp uses anonymous
namespaces so gtest does support it
      Then lines such as:

 219   EXPECT_NO_FATAL_FAILURE(TimePartitionPhasesIteratorTest::validate_gc_phase(iter.next(),
1, "SubPhase3", 15, 16));

become:

 219   EXPECT_NO_FATAL_FAILURE(validate_gc_phase(iter.next(), 1,
"SubPhase3", 15, 16));

Apart from that, it looks good to me :)

Jc

--