RFR(XS): 8210716: Detailed GC logging request misses some

Kim Barrett kim.barrett at oracle.com
Sat Sep 29 19:19:05 UTC 2018

> On Sep 28, 2018, at 9:46 PM, Man Cao <manc at google.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Could someone review this minor logging tag change for ParallelGC? It avoids missing log messages with -Xlog:gc*=debug and -Xlog:gc*=trace.

> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~manc/8210716/webrev.00/
>
> PS: I'd need someone help me push it as I just became an Author.
>
> Thanks,
> Man

All other uses of the "ergo" tag in gc logging place it as the second
tag, e.g. "(gc, ergo, ...)" or "(gc, ergo)".  Not that the order
matters for logging control, but consistency can help with searching
and pattern matching while reading.

adjoiningGenerations.cpp needs copyright update.

I can sponsor this change for you.