RFR (S) 8222185: Shenandoah should report "committed" as capacity

Aleksey Shipilev shade at redhat.com
Tue Apr 9 16:19:58 UTC 2019

On 4/9/19 6:14 PM, Roman Kennke wrote:
> Patch looks ok. I wonder if it would make sense to report max_capacity
> too? On the other hand, it would then be sufficient to report it once
> because it never changes.

This GC log is shared code, and it prints capacity() for all GCs; which is the capacity at current
heap sizing. Shenandoah now reports something that matches other collectors. It makes little sense
to print max_capacity() there anyway, as it would come as configuration setting, and can be printed
with -Xlog:gc+init.

-Aleksey