RFR(S): 8227225: ParallelGC: add subspace transitions for young gen for gc+heap=info log lines

Tony Printezis tprintezis at twitter.com
Tue Aug 6 15:49:47 UTC 2019

Thanks Kim! I’ll leave the const modifiers in. I’ll also do one more
jdk-submit submission before pushing.

Tony

—————
Tony Printezis | @TonyPrintezis | tprintezis at twitter.com

On August 6, 2019 at 11:37:07 AM, Kim Barrett (kim.barrett at oracle.com)
wrote:

> On Aug 6, 2019, at 10:23 AM, Tony Printezis <tprintezis at twitter.com>
wrote:

> Hi Kim,
>
> The way instances of this class are used is to “checkpoint” the values at
the start of the GC and just report the size transitions at the end of the
GC. We haven’t had a need to assign to an instance, once it’s been
constructed. So, I’d be inclined to just leave the const modifiers in. If
we want to use the assignment operator in the future, we could just remove
the const modifiers then?

That’s fine. It just seemed odd.