RFR(S): 8227225: ParallelGC: add subspace transitions for young gen for gc+heap=info log lines

Tony Printezis tprintezis at twitter.com
Tue Aug 6 23:06:51 UTC 2019

Kim,

Thanks. Yeah, it’s also a very simple change. I’ll post the webrev tomorrow.

Tony

—————
Tony Printezis | @TonyPrintezis | tprintezis at twitter.com

On August 6, 2019 at 6:45:57 PM, Kim Barrett (kim.barrett at oracle.com) wrote:

> On Aug 6, 2019, at 3:49 PM, Tony Printezis <tprintezis at twitter.com>
wrote:

> So, CMS is apparently going away. Is Serial going away too? Is there need
for a similar change for GenCollectedHeap (which will work for both GCs)?

I’ve not heard of any proposal to make Serial go away.
There might be some post-CMS-removal cleanup, since it would be the only
GenCollectedHeap.
But I don’t think adding subspace transition reporting should wait for
that.