RFR(S): 8229422: Taskqueue: Outdated selection of weak memory model platforms

Doerr, Martin martin.doerr at sap.com
Mon Aug 12 17:33:41 UTC 2019

Hi,

I recently noticed that the selection of weak memory model platforms is outdated in the task queue implementation:
s390 is unnecessarily treated as weak memory model platform.

I could simply fix it by adding "defined S390", but I'd like to get rid of the platform whitelist in the middle of the implementation.

My favorite implementation looks like this:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mdoerr/8229422_multi-copy-atomic/webrev.00/

I've moved the selection to the platform files. They define if they have the required property.
I have also cleaned up some PPC64 related stuff which should use the same property.
The change really improves only s390. It's only cleanup for other ones (no functional change).

I'd like to get reviews from GC first. I guess I'll have to get reviews from runtime and compiler afterwards, too.

Thanks and best regards,
Martin