RFR: 8256813: Simplify WeakProcessor counting of OopStorage entries [v2]

Kim Barrett kbarrett at openjdk.java.net
Mon Nov 23 20:19:13 UTC 2020

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 07:54:12 GMT, Stefan Johansson <sjohanss at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Kim Barrett has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - stefank_review
>>  - stefanj_review
>
> src/hotspot/share/gc/shared/weakProcessor.inline.hpp line 73:
>
>> 71:   size_t dead() const { return _old_dead + _new_dead; }
>> 72:   size_t new_dead() const { return _new_dead; }
>> 73:   size_t processed() const { return _new_dead + _live; }
>
> Shouldn't `_old_dead` be included in `processed()`? Looking at the old `num_total()` it includes `_num_skipped` which matches what `_old_dead` counts now.

You are right, I messed that up; I intended to maintain the existing
reporting. There's been discussion about what numbers would be useful
there; the current set seems not ideal. I thought there was an RFE for
this, but couldn't find one, so filed:
This differs from
which is about the serial WeakProcessor.