Possibility of integer overflow in JfrThreadSampler::run()

Yasumasa Suenaga yasuenag at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 03:02:44 UTC 2019

Hi Severin,

I checked JfrThreadSampler::run() again, and I'm sure that (last_ms -
now_ms) will be negative value in any case.
Thus next_j and next_n will not be overflown.

So I uploaded a new webrev. It works fine with jdk_jfr jtreg tests.

  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysuenaga/jfr-integer-overflow/webrev.3/

I will send review request if you are ok.

Thanks,

Yasumasa