is vmSymbols::java_lang_InvalidClassException() valid?

Christian Thalinger twisti at complang.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jun 22 08:02:50 PDT 2007

Hi!

While looking at the sun/misc/Unsafe code, I noticed that
getBaseAndScale in unsafe.cpp throws a java/lang/InvalidClassException.

As I've never heard of that one I did a quick find and the only one
found is:

./j2se/src/share/classes/java/io/InvalidClassException.java

Another quick grep showed that this exception is thrown in some places
in the hotspot code.

So, is this correct?  Maybe this exception is not thrown with Java code
but with a printf... just mentioning it.

- twisti