Compressed oops are copied bytewise on windows amd64.

Vladimir Kozlov vladimir.kozlov at oracle.com
Fri Oct 14 08:58:26 PDT 2011

Thank you, Axel, for pointing this to us. And thank you, David, for taking care of this problem.

I just want to point that Axel suggested to use template method but I think we should not do this.  I don't know what
Win compiler does with templates but Sun's compilers, for example, will not inline templates. I think we should just do
the same as linux version.

And David, please, add Axel's test to Hotspot regression tests.

Thanks,
Vladimir