Code review for SA changes to allow for new processor architectures (7154641)

Staffan Larsen staffan.larsen at oracle.com
Wed Aug 22 01:20:12 PDT 2012

I like the idea of using reflection. How much work would it be to make the change for the existing platforms as well? I don't really like that there are two different code paths. Also, you only made the change for Linux.

Some other comments:

LinuxCDebugger.java - This change would return null on non-supported cpus instead of throwing an exception with an error message. The error message is more user-friendly.

LinuxDebuggerLocal.c and libproc.h - I don't understand why these changes were made. Probably came from some other change?

LinuxThreadContextFactory.java, RemoteDebuggerClient.java, HotSpotAgent.java, HTMLGenerator.java - include the name of the CPU or machine type that wasn't found in the exception message

VM.java and vmStructs.cpp - Looks like an unrelated change.

saproc.make:94 - weird indentation

Thanks,
/Staffan