request for review (S)

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Fri Jun 1 22:57:58 PDT 2012

Hi Keith,

On 2/06/2012 3:58 AM, Keith McGuigan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This fixes up a hole which I'm reasonably confident is the cause of
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7166498
>
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kamg/7166498/
> (the comment in the code explains what's going on)

So it's really bcs->bcp() that may have changed, and hence the
aligned_bcp calculated from that. Seems ok.

I hadn't realized we have safepoint issues for data other than oops.
Makes we wonder how can we detect/prevent this kind of issue. Also makes
me wonder how we might better flag data that isn't safe across a
safepoint, and methods that might lead to a safepoint?

Cheers,
David