Request for review 7188233: Deprecate the UseVMInterruptibleIO for JDK8

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Mon Oct 15 19:23:49 PDT 2012

On 16/10/2012 6:38 AM, Karen Kinnear wrote:
> Looks good Harold. Can you please add a comment to the sources that says
> that this flag will completely go away
> and will cause VM initialization failures in JDK 9?

I was also going to ask if the proposed message:

  warning("-XX:+UseVMInterruptibleIO is obsolete.");

was adequate or should also mention future removal? It is also unclear
whether "obsolete" means "the flag is useless and ignored" or "the flag
shouldn't really be used, but okay if you insist" ;-)

David