RFR(S): JDK-8016644 - Improve UnsupportedClassVersionError message

Christian Thalinger christian.thalinger at oracle.com
Wed Feb 5 20:02:32 PST 2014

Not so much about this particular change but the way testing is done.  I don’t really like how we are spawning other Java processes:
  41         ProcessBuilder pb = ProcessTools.createJavaProcessBuilder("-cp", ".",  "ClassFile");
As far as I can see there is no code that passes on the flags which are defined with either -vmoption or JAVA_VM_ARGS.  If I tell the testing framework to use a particular flag then I expect all Java processes to use them.

Can we please change that?