RFR (S) JDK-8043301: Duplicate definitions in vm/runtime/sharedRuntimeTrans.cpp versus math.h in VS2013

Lois Foltan lois.foltan at oracle.com
Wed May 21 14:41:19 UTC 2014

Hello,

Please review the following fix:

Webrev:
     http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~lfoltan/bug_jdk8043301/

Bug: Duplicate definitions in vm/runtime/sharedRuntimeTrans.cpp versus
math.h in VS2013

Summary of fix:
VS2013's include/math.h now contains definitions for both copysign() and
scalbn().  This yielded compilation conflicts with the JVM's definition
of these functions within runtime/sharedRuntimeTrans.cpp.  I changed
copysign and scalbn definitions to be consistent with how they are
defined within sharedRuntimeTrig.cpp.  They are now defined as copysignA
and scalbnA static functions.  I also removed the !defined(AIX)
conditionalization around these defintions since no conflict should now
exist with AIX's math.h.

Tests:
     JPRT build & test, Hotspot jtreg, JDK lang & util,
vm.quick.testlist (in progress)

Thank you,
Lois