8058093: Test nsk/stress/jck60/jck60014: assert in src/share/vm/oops/constantPool.cpp: should not be resolved otherwise

Christian Tornqvist christian.tornqvist at oracle.com
Tue Oct 28 20:22:09 UTC 2014

Hi Coleen,

This looks good.

Thanks,
Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: hotspot-runtime-dev
[mailto:hotspot-runtime-dev-bounces at openjdk.java.net] On Behalf Of Coleen
Phillimore
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2014 9:50 AM
To: hotspot-runtime-dev
Subject: RFR: 8058093: Test nsk/stress/jck60/jck60014: assert in
src/share/vm/oops/constantPool.cpp: should not be resolved otherwise

Also:  8044209: nsk/split_verifier/security/coglio06 fails with exit code 97
- missing 'prohibited package name'

These bugs are together because code changes fix both.   For jck60014,
constant pool resolution is not deterministic.  You can have some threads
install security managers and then remove them (or install new ones).  This
test isn't supposed to pass but it isn't supposed to crash either.  So the
code change restores the concurrent update of constant pool tag so that if
it's resolved, the resolution wins the race.  It restores the comment also.

For coglio06, the call from deoptimization ignores the error so if we don't
save the resolution error in the constant pool, it is reresolved by the
interpreter and the error is reported with the cause.
Technically, we should save the cause too, but I don't have a test case that
relies on that with this fix and it's expensive for footprint and code
changes.

Testing:  hotspot/jtreg, vm.quick.testlist, jck's (which test saving
resolution error for jvmti modifying bootclasspath), and my own test which I
can't add because it relies on adding sleeps in the jvm and test case.

open webrev at http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coleenp/8058093/
bug link https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8058093

Thanks,
Coleen