os::current_thread_id on Linux

Dmitry Samersoff dmitry.samersoff at oracle.com
Wed Jul 22 18:52:38 UTC 2015

Jeremy,

Please take in account that gettid() returns a value that unique for
the *running threads* across a system.

I.e. for long running java process gettid() can return a value that was
previously assigned to one of dead threads.

-Dmitry

--
Dmitry Samersoff
Oracle Java development team, Saint Petersburg, Russia