RFR [8u60]: 8081590: The CDS classlist needs to be updated for 8u60

Claes Redestad claes.redestad at oracle.com
Thu Jun 11 14:08:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

classlists have been slowly deteriorating since the last refresh
(https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8023041),
contributing to a small but significant degradation in startup and
footprint characteristics.

While there are also classlist files for Solaris, Mac and AIX, we cannot
run the same set of applications we run on
32-bit platforms on non-32-bit platforms (due to an application with a
bundled 32-bit dependency).

Rather than generating new classlists using a different set of
applications without ability to verify that it helps, I'd
rather limit this 8u60 refresh to Linux and Windows where we can verify
the benefit and do a more thorough
investigation into modernizing the representative set of applications
for JDK9 and onwards.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~redestad/8081590/webrev.00/

I'll need a sponsor to push this to 8u60.

/Claes