RFR (xs) 8129607: Incorrect GPL header

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Wed Jun 24 08:49:56 UTC 2015

On 24/06/2015 6:21 PM, Lindenmaier, Goetz wrote:
> Hi Coleen,
>
> this fix looks good!
> How did you spot this, is there a check of the copyrights?
>
> When we did the port, we were told that the SAP copyright line
> has no constraints, so we decided not to put in this strange comma
> after the second year.

As Colleen is sleeping ... :)

There is nothing wrong with the SAP copyright and it is unchanged (see
the "second try" thread). We do have copyright checking periodically and
an error was flagged but the nature of the error was misunderstood -
initially it was thought the SAP copyright with no trailing comma was to
blame, but in fact the SAP copyright is ignored in the check - as that
is not what is being checked :) The actual error was a simple typo in
the GPL text: hat instead of that

Cheers,
David