RFR 6415680 handle windows EXCEPTION_IN_PAGE_ERROR just as SIGBUS is handled

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Wed Jun 24 09:17:44 UTC 2015

bcc'ing core-libs and cc'ing hotspot-runtime (even though the issue is
filed under hotspot->compiler).

On 24/06/2015 4:30 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:

> On 23/06/2015 23:14, Kirk Shoop (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> webrev
>>    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kshoop/6415680/
>>
>> bug:
>>    https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-6415680
>>
>> The changes for unix to handle SIGBUS need matching work for Windows
>> EXCEPTION_IN_PAGE_ERROR
>> This change uses handler_for_unsafe_access for in-page errors while
>> set_doing_safe_access is true and has Unsafe_CopyMemory call
>> set_doing_unsafe_access(true)
>>
>> The bug refers to DRM or encrypted file systems. However, this also
>> occurs with interrupted network connections.
> I remember this one :-)
>
> Kirk - as this is changing code in HotSpot then it's best to bring this
> to hotspot-runtime-dev for review + sponsor.

Not only "best" but required :)

Hi Kirk, it is great to see active participation from MS here! To push
this to hotspot it needs to be re-based against one of the team repos -
and I think runtime is the right fit here as it owns the OS specific
code and the unsafe interface:

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/hs-rt/hotspot