RFR: JDK-8143255: Remove debug logging from SymbolTable::unlink() and SymbolTable::possibly_parallel_unlink()

Bengt Rutisson bengt.rutisson at oracle.com
Wed Nov 18 19:47:10 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

Could I have a couple of reviews for this patch to remove some debugging
code?

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~brutisso/8143255/webrev.00/

 From the bug report:

The logging inside SymbolTable::unlink() and
SymbolTable::possibly_parallel_unlink() is guarded by Verbose and
WizardMode, which are both develop flags. This means that the log output
is not available in product builds. So, this logging is most likely just
leftover debugging code.

In the GC team we don't use this logging (even though it is for some
reason guarded by PrintGCDetails too) and I discussed it with Coleen and
Rachel in the Runtime team. The Runtime team also don't use the logging.

It is pretty straight forward to add this logging back if it is ever
needed for a debugging session. Until then we should remove this from
the code base.

Thanks,
Bengt