RFR: 8143157: Convert TraceVMOperation to Unified Logging

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Mon Nov 23 04:30:13 UTC 2015

Hi Rachel,

Code changes seem okay - thanks.

We will continue discussion re info vs debug elsewhere. :)

I think we will also have to address the problem of no-atomic logging of
multi-part logging statements sometime as well. Not a new problem but
perhaps exacerbated in UL and compounded by inclusion of this particular
multi-part logging in product mode.

Only issue with regard to the test is the occurrence of the
"CollectFull" string - is that dependent on which GC is being used? I
turned on TraceVMOperation with code that called System.gc() and only saw:

[VM_Operation (0xf6773e40): GenCollectForAllocation, mode: safepoint,
requested by thread 0xf660f400]