RFR: 8142976: TraceClassInitialization has been reimplemented with Unified Logging.

Max Ockner max.ockner at oracle.com
Tue Nov 24 20:09:24 UTC 2015

Hello,
Please review my new unified logging code:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mockner/ulclassinit01/src/share/vm/classfile/verifier.cpp.cdiff.html
using unified logging under the classinit tag.

In the segment with recursive verification (see verifier.cpp) I
reordered the nested if statement to check was_recursively_verified()
first. I valued clean code over potentially avoiding a function call to
was_recursively_verified.

What do you think?

Tested with:
jtreg hotspot tests