RFR: 8142976: TraceClassInitialization has been reimplemented with Unified Logging.

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Thu Nov 26 00:51:00 UTC 2015

Hi Max,

On 25/11/2015 7:27 AM, Max Ockner wrote:
> New webrev @ http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mockner/ulclassinit02/
> Fixed everything that I said I would fix below.

As a direct conversion of existing logging info this looks fine. The
overlap with VerboseVerification will have to be dealt with later.

Not sure about the test strategy here in that creating a class that
fails verification just to check what is logged seem a bit over the top
and potentially duplicates verifier testing. I wonder if the logging
test could not in fact run an existing verifier test with logging
enabled? Which raises the question of whether logging tests like this
come under logging, or under the subsystem being logged?

In the test EagerInitialization is a develop-only flag, and
VerboseVerification is diagnostic. It isn't obvious this is being
handled by the createJavaProcessBuilder calls.