RFR - JDK-8134432: [TESTBUG] Rewrite test/runtime/6888954/vmerrors.sh in Java

Christian Tornqvist christian.tornqvist at oracle.com
Tue Oct 6 17:57:25 UTC 2015

Looks good.

Thanks,
Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: hotspot-runtime-dev [mailto:hotspot-runtime-dev-bounces at openjdk.java.net] On Behalf Of George Triantafillou
Sent: Monday, October 5, 2015 3:36 PM
To: Dmitry Dmitriev <dmitry.dmitriev at oracle.com>; 'hotspot-runtime-dev' <hotspot-runtime-dev at openjdk.java.net>
Subject: Re: RFR - JDK-8134432: [TESTBUG] Rewrite test/runtime/6888954/vmerrors.sh in Java

Further testing indicates that test execution times on Solaris are prohibitively long, so the test has been excluded from JPRT test runs.

New webrev:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~gtriantafill/8134432/webrev.02/
<http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Egtriantafill/8134432/webrev.02/>

Thanks.

-George

On 10/5/2015 9:56 AM, Dmitry Dmitriev wrote:
> Hi George,
>
> Looks good to me!
>
> Thanks,
> Dmitry
>
> On 02.10.2015 19:50, George Triantafillou wrote:
>> Hi Dmitry,
>>
>> Thanks very much for your comments.  Since checking the page size is
>> not the intention of this test, I've removed the hard coded values.
>> In addition, I've removed the two previously missing test cases since
>> they both failed on Windows.
>>
>> New webrev:
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~gtriantafill/8134432/webrev.01/
>> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Egtriantafill/8134432/webrev.01/>
>>
>> -George
>>
>> On 9/28/2015 9:43 AM, Dmitry Dmitriev wrote:
>>> Hi George,
>>>
>>> For test cases 2, 4 and 6 you expect to see "num=4096" in the
>>> output(lines 48, 50, 52). As I see from
>>> src/share/vm/utilities/debug.cpp, 'num' in this case is equal to the