RFR: JDK-8136577: Make AbortVMOnException available in product builds

Coleen Phillimore coleen.phillimore at oracle.com
Mon Oct 12 17:55:57 UTC 2015

Hi Poonam,
I really like this except for this in exceptions.cpp.  This function
should be in exceptions.hpp (because it won't be inlined in cpp).  I
think there are some hot paths performance wise through the exception
code so would be nice to inline this small function in the header file.

-void Exceptions::debug_check_abort(Handle exception, const char* message) {
+inline void Exceptions::debug_check_abort(Handle exception, const char* message) {
    if (AbortVMOnException != NULL) {
+    debug_check_abort_helper(exception, message);
+  }
+}
+

Thanks,