RFR: 8139564: Convert TraceDefaultMethods to Unified Logging

harold seigel harold.seigel at oracle.com
Fri Oct 16 16:13:16 UTC 2015

Hi Rachael,

The code looks good.

One comment about this FOR loop in defaultMethods.cpp:

      686     for (int i = 0; i < slots->length(); ++i) {
    687 ResourceMark rm;
    688 outputStream* logstream = LogHandle(defaultmethods)::debug_stream();
    689 streamIndentor si(logstream);
    690 logstream->indent();
    691 slots->at(i)->print_on(logstream);
    692 logstream->cr();
      693     }

Can you move lines 687-689 above the loop so that they only get executed
once per FOR loop, instead of every iteration?

Also, you may not need the ResourceMark at line 831 because there is one
at line 809.

    830 if (log_is_enabled(Debug, defaultmethods)) {
    831 ResourceMark rm;
    832 outputStream* logstream = LogHandle(defaultmethods)::debug_stream();
    833 streamIndentor si(logstream, 2);
    834 logstream->indent().print("Looking for default methods for slot ");
    835 slot->print_on(logstream);
    836 logstream->cr();

Finally, is the ResourceMark needed at line 940?

Thanks, Harold