RFR(XS, URGENT): JDK-8140663 FrameValue might be used uninitialized

Bengt Rutisson bengt.rutisson at oracle.com
Wed Oct 28 19:30:21 UTC 2015

Hi Dmitry,

On 2015-10-28 15:37, Dmitry Samersoff wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> Please review small, non-product fix.
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dsamersoff/JDK-8140663/webrev.01
>
> -Dmitry

I ran into this issue when I compiled with a newer version of g++. For
me the only place where there was an issue was in
FrameValues::validate(). The iteration in that code is a bit strange and
by re-writing it a bit you could make sure that the prev value was
always initialized.

I think your fix is probably better and simpler. So, for me your change
looks good. I just wanted to mention the other solution in case you'd
prefer it.

Consider your patch reviewed by me if you want to push it urgently.

Thanks,
Bengt